Tuesday 5 May 2009

Of ball bags, busy-ness and bullying fish.

ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!

An apt way to start a long over due blog.
Firstly, my lack of blogging is not due to a lack of creativity. Far from it; in fact, I have found myself in desperate need of creative output and longing for the little orange B box that seems to rotate slowly in my head and taunt me.

The grounds (the large s emphasising how busy I have been, just in case you didn't pick up on that subtlty) for my absence are as follows:





  • My Uni interview. (Went exceptionally well. Still felt like projectile vomiting over the interviwer, but managed to restrain my gag reflex. Loved the Uni, hated Crewe. It seemed as though everyone in Crewe also hated it. Odd really.)


  • Work. (My boss has wonderfully flown to Kenya for a month for his studies, leaving me in charge. I am practically bald and now have the appearance of Gollum. Nice responsibility, but a lot of it!)


  • Pond digging. (For my parents. Payment in lasagne.)


  • Competition Winning. (Just for bragging purposes only.)


The competition must be mentioned in more detail, purely for reader amusement. Mr Peas is not from Leicester originally, so being the lovely lady I am, for our first few dates, it was my intention to introduce him to the loveliness that is our city. One of the must see places is the City Gallery and when we visited, they were running a fabulous bag exhibition by one Jo Cope. http://www.jocope.com/ The competition entailed of designing your own bag, as if the concept of a "bag" was new to you. Being the sensible half of our whole, I designed a bag that would be worn through one's ears. Mr Peas thought it would be amusing to design his so called "Ball Bag"; a rather freakish contraption to be worn looped around a man's genatalia. He also thought it would be funny to write my name on the design, in order to embarrass me.



Unfortunately for him, I won.



HA HA!!



I have not, of course, rubbed his face in it.



(Just bear with me whilst I make some more "HA HA" iced cup cakes.)



I'm not one hundred percent certain as to what I win, but the irony is so delicious, it almost beats these delcious decorated morsels.



Finally, Hubert and William, my fantastic fish, have been trying to commit suicide. Unfortunately for them, their magnificent leaps out of the water just end in a painful sounding splat as they hit the lid and plummet back under the surface. But understandably, I am worried. My father has suggested a pump for them, and I have tried lowering the water, but now Hubert is terrorising William. Mr Peas seems pleased by this latest development (Partly because he is sadist, but mainly because he thinks Hubert and his Rimmer like H on his side is far cooler than William.) Does anyone know what I can do, aside from cattle prodding Hubert, to stop him from bullying poor Will? All ideas welcome! (And if you are reading this before I get home, photos of my fish children will be posted later, however I do not have any on my work computer :D )



I believe that is all for now. You are currently updated on the last few days. Wierdly, the events that seemed so crazy actually seem quite small in this tiny post. I failed to mention the flood, the car accident (not mine.) and the long walk home yesterday but there's another time for that.



No comments:

Post a Comment