Monday 11 May 2009

Ode to a new fish

After the death of poor William, I decided the tank needed a sprucing, so yesterday, despite feeling a tad hungover, Mr Peas and I trekked to the nearest decent pet store.
Inevitably, I fell in love with a fish.

He is a beautiful black moor and has hillarious bulging eyes and a stunning bronze tint.

(This is not actually him. He's not photogenic enough but this one seems to be.)

Hubert loves him too, which is good news. I also bought a filter and some new shiny plants. Despite Mr Peas protests, I put them next to the tele. It means the TV is now apt to cutting out or going crazy, but they look pretty :)
The unfortunate truth is that we have no name for Mr anonymous-bulgy-eye fish. After considering Hank, Milky, Bob, or a very rude word for a person with dark skin (Mr Peas.) At the moment, Brains is looking like a particulary fab name, but then I'd like to change Hubert's name to Pinky. Ahhh, the dilemma!
Any ideas?

3 comments:

  1. I have a fish like the pic-its' name is Zach. Your first reaction with the name is probably the best reaction. Go with that-not much with suggestions. Sorry for the no help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've gone for Brain. His boggly eyes just seemed to scream intelligence. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are going with Morris. Since this is a black moor fish.

    ReplyDelete