Friday 24 April 2009

Has anyone noticed how racist nail polish remover is?


It's 7:00 0n Saturday morning my time.

You heard me.

7:00.
I've actually been awake since about 6. I should be in the land of all the other sane people living around me- aka the land of the sleeping dead. I should be dreaming about lollipops and jelly and clouds and ponies. I'm not. I'm one hundred percent alive and kicking.

This is all thanks to mr peas, who has a training day for his new job today in London. Now, when mr peas has to get up early, he feels that snoozing his alarm clock three, or four times is compulsory. At 6:00 on a Saturday morning, I tend to disagree, but due to general sleepiness and lack of intelligence at that time in the morning, it's pretty hard to vocalise my disagreement.

On the plus side, his new job has meant a need for a certain amount of market research on the products his cafe sells. So this implies a regular and tasty dosage of cakes, fruit salads, paninis and pasta tubs for our delectation. Bingo! Of course, this is not helpful towards my "diet" but it's bloody marvellous to come home after a tiring day of shouting children and find cake awaiting your return. Lets face it, everyone loves cake.

(As one of my friends suggested.. imagine a world where cakes eat humans..)

The other good thing was the post yesterday. Firstly, I received my CRB form (Criminal Record Bureau- you need it for working with children, and people who are more vulnerable than most.) I'm not a criminal, so that's good news.
Secondly, as a potential student at Sheffield Hallam University, I received my pre course booklet for the Primary Education course. :) It's a heck of a lot of work. It's not that I don't mind all the work, because I honestly don't. It's just that over the summer, I will be working 6 days a week, and over 50 hours in those 6 days. I'm not sure when I'm going to have time. Luckily, in the Science section, most of what is needed are practical tests (putting salt and water in a dish and leaving it to evaporate etc etc.) which I think will be rather fun. So I'm off to mums later today after work to conduct the blindfolded herb and spices test, as she has a splendid array of the aforementioned testing equipment.

I have an hour before I have to surface from my marvellous mountain of mattress, so facebook, fruit salad and a failed attempt at slumber are on the menu until 8:30. Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment