Sunday 19 April 2009

First blog of many I hope.

Things to note before I duly start:

my m key is well and truly knackered. That means that little "m"s, "v's" or wierd squiggles are not errors in my part, but typos in my haste to get the blasted "m" on the page.

I am addicted to scotch eggs. And I DO hate peas. These are not claimed to make me sound more interesting than I actually am. I am actually that interesting.



So.. I feel a little guilty today, mainly towards myself. It's a beautiful sunny day, the sky is a brilliant blue and the trees are so green they shine.


sunny :)


And yet, I'm stuck indoors watching (admittedly a rather fantastically old version of) Oliver Twist. I should technically be frollicking outdoors, but I've put off tramping to the nearby library and dropping off my extremely over due library books and hiking over to my friend's house to drop off the dvd's she leant me that I've lost.

From now on, I will have to warn people before they lend me things that they will never get them back.

mr peas will be rather happy when he returns from work as I have done all the washing up. Those who don't know me won't realise how much of a miracle this deceptively small action was. I do not do washing up. Cooking, hoovering (sometimes) and dusting are all fine by me. Washing up is not. I hate the feeling off soggy food bouncing off my fingers. And I always worry I won't do it properly and poison us. (Well, that's my excuse anyway.)

"It's not madness, it's meat!" Fantastic.

Back to work properly tomorrow. As a teacher, most of my classes are cancelled over the Easter break. That means two weeks of luxurious luxury, lazing about and laughing (?) Unfortunately, my idle mind gets bored after about three days. So aside from the lie ins and wodas (a day off work backwards) are exceptionally dull. mr peas has a new job which means that although he has a purpose, for 14 days I don't. And I have no playmate either. Decidedly dull.

I shall tie this up with the prospect of my University Interview dawning in two weeks. Considering in my last one I couldn't open my mouth for fear of vomiting on the table, I'm understandably apprehensive about next Wednesday. At least I have a place under my belt so if it does all go tits up I have something to fall back on.

In the meantime, I shall stick to my opinion that all hot weather deserves an ice cream and bob off down to the shops.


Ta ta for now.

1 comment:

  1. Luckily to enter your blog and read your article. I have lots of feeling after sharing your blog. This blog makes me realize the energy of words and pictures. I look forward to more.

    ReplyDelete